Bishop Johnson College of Nursing Cap

Bishop Johnson College of Nursing

The Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angelis, California was established in the late 19th century. Episcopalian nuns managed the hospital under the auspices of the Episcopal diocese. The first Episcopal Bishop named Johnson arrived in 1896. It is through his interest and energy the hospital grew. A School of Nursing was established at Good Samaritan Hospital. The school continues and bears his name. The Museum of Nursing History is honored to include the cap and pin of this west coast school for educating nurses.